- Learning Disabilities and Individuals with Impairments
- Child and Adolescent School Issues
- Crisis Counseling for all ages
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- School Counselor
- Educational Diagnostician
- Master Special Educator
- Masters of Special Education, University of Arkansas
- Master of Arts in Psychology, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Bachelor of Science, University of Louisiana in Lafayette
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Scott & White Health Plan
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Group and Pension Administrators (GPA)
- United Behavioral Health
- Right Care
Christy Sharum is a Licensed Professional Counselor, School Counselor, Educational Diagnostician, and Master Special Educator. She earned her bachelor’s degree in Generic Education from the University of Louisiana in Lafayette, a master’s in Special Education from the University of Arkansas, and a Master of Arts in Psychology from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.
Christy is experienced in working with children, parents, and school personnel to promote emotional wellness and academic progress. She holds an Educational Diagnostician certification, which has enabled her to administer intelligence, academic, and social maturity assessments, while also interpreting data for parents and teachers. She has facilitated the development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) for students and supported teachers to modify subject content taught to students with learning disabilities. Christy also has experience in assisting incarcerated individuals at local adult and juvenile correctional facilities, providing counseling and crisis intervention to residents with varying mental health diagnoses.
Passionate about helping people of varying ages, beliefs, and identities, Christy’s therapeutic approach is non-judgmental, compassion-focused, and client-centered. She utilizes Cognitive Behavioral, Supportive, and Humanistic theories, and is experienced in assisting clients with substance abuse and traumatic experiences.
Christy has been married for 36 years, and relishes time with her family and friends. Church and community are important facets of her life, and she also enjoys reading, exercising, and interacting with children of all ages in her free time.